Ferodo Dot 4 Brake & Clutch Fluid 250ML
Brake fluid, while often forgotten, is a critical part of the braking system when if overlooked, can lead to brake fluid boiling, resulting in vapour lock and brake failure.
To help you to stay in control of quality and safety standards, Ferodo®offers a brake fluid tester, which determines the precise boiling point. You can find this under the part number FFT100A.
THE FERODO®STANDARD RANGE OF FLUIDS FOR ROAD CARS
- DOT 4 Synthetic (superior general purpose fluid for cars and motorcycles in Europe, Japan & USA)
- Dry boiling point legal requirement: 230°C / Ferodo Fluid: 249°C
- Wet boiling point legal requirement: 155°C / Ferodo Fluid: 158°C
- ESP DOT 4 Synthetic (for medium-range and top-range cars with Electronic Stability Programs)
- Dry boiling point legal requirement: 260°C / Ferodo Fluid: 269°C
- Wet boiling point legal requirement: 165°C / Ferodo Fluid: 170°C
- DOT 5.1 Synthetic (high performance for competitive vehicles and cars with ABS braking systems)
- Dry boiling point legal requirement: 260°C / Ferodo Fluid: 270°C
- Wet boiling point legal requirement: 180°C / Ferodo Fluid: 183°C
- LHM mineral (for the Citroën hydraulic system and other vehicles which require a mineral-based fluid)
- Dry boiling point legal requirement: 240°C / Ferodo Fluid: 250°C
- Wet boiling point legal requirement: Not applicable.
MEET THE WORLD’S FIRST BRAKING FLUID FOR HYBRID AND ELECTRIC CARS
Electric and hybrid vehicles with heavier batteries, weigh more and require extra stopping power. When their battery is full, the system cannot take advantage of regenerative braking of the electrical engine. The traditional brakes will have to do all the work, without any engine support. An enhanced brake fluid for EHVs, with a high wet and boiling point, is needed to ensure maximum safety, comfort, and durability.
Since EHVs are quieter than ICE (internal combustion engine) vehicles, other noises become more noticeable, too. This includes squeaks from the brake system. The Ferodo DOT5.1 EHV fluid contains special lubricity enhancers to address this issue.
- DOT 5.1 Brake fluid (the world’s first braking fluid optimized for electric & hybrid vehicles)
- Dry boiling point legal requirement: 260°C / Ferodo Fluid: 274°C
- Wet boiling point legal requirement: 180°C / Ferodo Fluid: 184°C