Hammerite Kurust Rust Converter 90ML
Transforms rust to a sound surface in 15 minutes. Ideal for small areas of rust, stone chips and scratches. Kurust rust paint is available in a 90ml bottle.
- Can be topcoated after only 3 hours.
- No primer or undercoat required.
- Simple to apply – no need to rinse off.
- Rust Treatment
Kurust can be used for:
- Fire Surround
- Garage door
- Metal Door
- Metal Garden furniture
- Metal gate
- Metal Railings
|Coverage||10-15 sq m per litre|
|Repaintable after||3 hours|
Rust or corrosion damages metal surfaces and leave dirty, brown spots. Hammerite helps you get rid of rust and revive your metal objects. Follow the guide below if you want to know how to remove rust with Hammerite Kurust:
- Clean surface by removing all loose paint and rust, dirt, grease and salt.
- Rinse with clean water and allow time to dry.
- Shake container well and pour required amount into a plastic container.
- By brush: apply direct to rusty area, working well into heavily pitted areas, corners and edges.
- Avoid coating onto painted areas.
- Hammerite Kurust will turn blue/black when reacting with rust.
- If it does not change colour in 1 hour re-apply.
- Apply topcoat after 3 hours.
- Do not replace unused Kurust back into the original container.
- Clean container with water.
Special precautions should be taken to avoid inhalation of dust during surface preparation of pre-1960’s paint surfaces as they may contain harmful lead.